Subscribe to email updates

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Over-The-Top Reviews


Sometimes I worry that a review is over the top, and readers will think it's phony, like the reviews below. But I didn't pay for them. I didn't exchange reviews. I don't know these persons. These are the real reactions from readers who bought these books.


I could not put this book down. It was absolutely mesmerizing. First of all, I have a thing for books about loves that start in childhood, so it had me hooked right there. But also, this writer is just amazing. The way the language flows makes you want to keep reading. There is something very erotic in the story too, even though it was not cheap eroticism. I like that, when a book is sexy without overdoing it.


`Brilliant' and `original' are about how I would sum this sweet tale up. And I don't use those words (or 5 star ratings) without meaning it. Seventeen year old Brad lives on the grounds of an insane asylum with his sister and Dad. When Dad goes on a work trip, Brad has no idea that he will spend the week grappling with questions about sexuality, sanity and death. And some of the answers aren't pretty.

While the main character is a young adult, this is no kid's story! The tightly woven script is replete with humour, thrills, tension, mystery and the occasional flashes of inspired insights into the true definition of insanity that left me wondering if `normal' is really as normal as we like to think. There are a few infrequent slipups on grammar but nothing distracting. I would highly recommend this book.

And then this one, for



No comments:

Post a Comment