Subscribe to email updates

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Love Being Interviewed via email for Blogs

I did two blog interviews that were posted within two days of each other. What fun. One interview focused on one novel: "Rabbletown: Life in These United Christian States of Holy America." I really enjoyed that. The most telling may be this Q and A:

5) Religion is one of the most fundamental aspects of human society, yet also one of the most divisive. Did you ever worry about the controversy that can come into delving so thoroughly into religious themes? Some Christians may read your book and become offended, for example.

The religious right has offended me for decades. I think other Christians will relate and take to RABBLETOWN just fine. The recent barbaric measures in many state legislatures requiring women seeking abortions to be raped by a sonogram probe is offensive to me, and I think to many Christians. My book shows the logical outcome of the religious right's approach. In RABBLETOWN, if you are a woman and married and fertile and not pregnant, you will be artificially inseminated--art pregged. The whole Rush Limbaugh slut-debacle shows that some Christians need to face the consequences of their extreme positions.

The entire interview can be found here:


The other interview was much more general, concerning all of the now 13 works I have live. That was great fun, too. And this questioner was interested in some personal info. Perhaps the most revealing Q and A was this:

17) What’s the one thing you can’t live without?

Gin.

That interview can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment