Subscribe to email updates

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Strange Case of James Kirkland Pilley

In the quest to learn more about e-publishing, I decided to take a 10,000-word story I had done years ago and use a service to turn it into an e-book. Smashword offers a very nicely done stylebook how to use mword to provide the file needed for Smashword to publish it in various e-book formats and distribute it to a number of sellers. And it's all done on a percentage share of sales. No upfront costs. Going through the process also brought about some editing changes that's improved the story.

The Strange Case of James Kirkland Pilley is a Lovecraftian-style tale of the horrors that surround the simple draining of a park pond and the modern day research that leads back to the Civil War and the discovery of an undead zone. I'm selling it for 99 cents. I'll start now promoting it to Lovecraft fan sites and groups. See what happens. I found the cover art at a site that sells clip art and the arresting image fit the story very well. I used Microsoft Publisher to place the title on the image, saved it as a jpg file and was ready for uploading.

The product can be found here:



I'm in the works of scheduling a meeting between myself, agent and designer to move the Vote for Me project forward. I'm very impressed with what the designer has done, especially coming up with a more effective title: SPILL and a cover design that incorporates "Big Oil, Hot Sex, Game On" Very much looking forward to the day when I can place an URL where to buy that puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment